Nurses, nursing assistants, and medical students searching for an affordable but reliable stethoscope will find the Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope a suitable buy.
It is best used for basic physical examination and blood pressure work and comes loaded with quality features as is expected from the well-respected Littmann brand.
It has also received very good reviews from medical professionals using it. They’ve stated it is a very good all-round affordable stethoscope that offers dependable service and is a great value.
It weighs just under 4oz so its light enough to hang on your neck all day as you go about your work. It is a double-sided stethoscope that uses the patented 3M ‘tunable technology’ and has a long 28 inch tubing that gives extra room to maneuver during patient examinations.
Is the Lightweight II S.E. right for you?
Here are the Pros:
- This stethoscope is easy and convenient to use because its chest piece can be used to hear both low and high frequencies by just varying the pressure on the piece.
- The unique shape of the Lightweight II SE chest piece allows for better navigation of blood pressure cuffs and difficult to access body contours, making physical examinations much easier.
- The sound transmission is of a high -quality due to the anatomically designed headset and the soft-sealing ear tips that ensure a comfortable and sound-blocking fit in your ears.
- It is strong and durable and is backed by a 2 year warranty. Its headset is sturdy enough to withstand up to one million flexes.
Watch this Video to See the Features of this Stethoscope
What are Medics saying about the Lightweight II S.E.?
Best scope and great price!
You cannot go wrong with the Littmann Lightweight II SE. It is rugged, light, durable, inexpensive, and overall a great deal. You can pick up great lung sounds and of course get a BP with ease. It is tunable, to get low and high pitched sounds. Also really good at blocking outside noise, especially in the back of an ambulance with the lights and sirens on. I would recommend this to anyone in the pre-hospital and hospital field.
Just what you want!
I’m in med school and when I saw the Lightweight II S.E. stethoscope on Amazon, I decided to purchase it. The ear piece is really comfortable and once you put it on, both heart and lung sounds are isolated if you are in a crowded place, which is exactly what I wanted. Naming it Lightweight is absolutely spot on because once its around my neck I can’t feel it! I’d recommend this stethoscope to anyone especially students in both medicine and nursing because it is a really good deal!!
Amr K. B.
I love it
I am in nursing school and my professor told us that it was good to invest in a good stethoscope. So I looked into this Littmann stethoscope because I’ve heard of the brand and the price wasn’t so bad. I love that it is lightweight and I can really distinguish the heart and lung sounds! Not to mention the nice color! It really has a big difference from my cheap stethoscope that I used to have. So if you’re looking into a good stethoscope with a reasonable price, this is the one to get!
Noreen Joy Solis
Here are the cons of this stethoscope:
- Some users found the Littmann Lightweight II S.E. was limited when performing complex diagnostic procedures but agreed it was a good quality scope for basic physical assessments and blood pressure work.
Note: Do you own this stethoscope? Use the contact us link below to submit your review. For additional stethoscope reviews be sure to visit our home page.